Saturday, July 26, 2008

What did I just do???!!!

I have just registered to run in a marathon. For those of you who may be under the impression that a marathon means any run of any length let me clarify. On Feb. 15th I will be running 26.2 miles. All at once...one the same day...at the same event...hopefully before the sun goes down. I've talked about running a marathon for quite a while and now I've literally put my money where my mouth is. I have that feeling like when the roller coaster is just leaving the station and you know it's going to be a wild ride but your stomach is still in knots.

What's my motivation? All of the money from the event goes to breast cancer research. I can't think of a better motivation. I'm nervous, excited, anxious, curious, ready, hesitant...and so many other things rolled into one.

My training started today with a 2 mile run. I've got a long way to go but I've at least started. Pray for me. Cheer for me. Please encourage me. I have no idea what all to expect but I also know this will be an experience I will never forget.

For those who may be interested...here's a link to the event site.

Ready or not...here we go.

2 comments:

Laura M. Sayre said...

I should probably know the answer to this as a techie, but I can happily admit to NOT being omniscient. How do you know which states people have connected to you from?

theodude said...

Google Analytics...it's a free service by google that you can attach your site to. It makes things pretty fun.