Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Friendship

Tonight we are kicking off a new teaching series for our Wednesday night Bible Study @ WJACC. We are going to be looking at "Authentic Relationships". Tonight we are looking at being a real friend by looking at Jesus' friendship with us. As I was preparing I came across this question..."What makes developing friendships difficult today?"

At first I had several answers go through my head but then as I pondered it more I just had more questions arise. Why are there people who are very active in the church but yet can still feel disconnected from everyone else? Do I really want real friendships or am I comfortable where I am? Am I open to being challenged in a true friendship relationship? Am I willing to be vulnerable? Do I really want more friends? How do authentic relationships impact Christ's Kingdom Ministry?

"What makes developing friendships difficult today?"
Any thought?

1 comment:

Laura M. Sayre said...

I know this post is from forever ago... ok, only a week, but let's be real a lot has happened since then!

Anyway, you need to read Gary Chapman's new book. I just posted a review I did on second-hand-behalf of the publisher.

It's good stuff!