Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Treadmills and listening

I did want to check in with everyone about the exercise quest. I have managed to stay with it so far. (By the Grace of God) Last night I got home late from a meeting but still found the motivation to get on the treadmill. I did sleep better last night but it was a short night as I had to calm my system down after the treadmill workout. Tonight we have a softball game so that will definitely count as exercise for the day.

Last night Allison shared an interesting story with me that came from a person she met yesterday. This person was well known for being a good listener. The reason being is this. If you and someone else both have something to say and you listen to that other person then you benefit. You get to walk away knowing what you knew before and what the other person knew. So you get to know twice as much. The other person loses out because they only walk away knowing what they knew before. Fascinating stuff, don't you think?

No comments: