Thursday, September 06, 2007

Another Blogger...exercise..."Golden Corral" churches

We have another blogger in our midst. Sam Warren has started his own blog. You can find the link in my "links" column. I look forward to reading Sam's thoughts on leadership and other issues.

On the exercise front...yesterday was tough. I had to get some push-ups, crunches, and roll outs in before bedtime. It wasn't much but I'm still on track for my 30 days of exercise. This weekend will be the big challenge during "Big Splash" but I'm still going for it.

I read an article yesterday about churches that are either Starbucks or Waffle House churches. The author was mostly comparing the different styles of services they have. My thought is as long as they are not "Golden Corral" churches then we're alright. "Golden Corral" churches are ones who in their efforts to please everyone with a vast variety of options allow the quality to go down to the point that only a few hard core patrons are the only satisfied ones. Of course that's because they may not know any different.

No comments: