Monday, September 10, 2007

Night of Joy, Day of Water, Weekend of Praise

We are still recovering from a full experience this past weekend. "Big Splash" was a full retreat which included 3 services, Night of Joy at Disney World, and we wrapped up the weekend with a trip to Wet and Wild water park on Sunday. Today we are back in the office and it's business as usual (whatever that means)...actually what that means is that I get to drink my coffee from my own mug. As I think back over the weekend I am pondering the whole Night of Joy experience. If I were a member of a "christian" band and I was trying to reach the lost with the gospel would I perform at an event that was marketed towards christians? I really don't know the answer to that question but it does make me curious as to the motivation of some artists to play at such an event. I don't mean that in a condescending way. After all, I have no idea what it's like to be a professional musician. My point is simply that I'm curious and should God ever set it up I would love to have a conversation with one of these artists about that topic.

Never the less, the praise team at the conference sounded awesome! Go CSWT! When you shoot for excellence and lead with heart cool things happen.

No comments: