Tuesday, June 03, 2008

tired and still

If you are interested in what our day looked like yesterday you can read about it on Allison's blog. She did an awesome post about our day. http://www.sidestreet-allison.blogspot.com/ Title "Yesterday".

Today I'm a little tired. I didn't sleep all that great last night. Now it's the middle of the afternoon and there is so much more to be done. However, today I've come across two things that have forced me to slow down a little. One was a blog by a pastor here in Florida who shared how he and his wife experienced pregnancy for 14 days before losing the baby. He talked about how for 14 days he was a dad and how that has spurred him on to a deeper love for God and for others. 14 days changed the way he viewed everything.

The second thing was my preparation for Wed. night Bible study. We're going to look at Psalm 46. In that chapter is a verse that God plants in front of my face from time to time. "Be still, and know that I am God..." (vs.10). Wow! So I'm going to sit here for a little bit and be still. Then I'm going to go pick up my daughter and spend some time with her.

No comments: