Saturday, June 21, 2008

ACGC Day 3

Today I spent most of the day in a seminar titled "Leadership from the Heart" by Dan Webster. It was a great day. Webster offered some really solid stuff on leadership. I'll give some bullet points here and I'll try to keep it to ones that make sense on their own.

  • Two aspects of leadership
    1-what we do
    2-who we are

  • “The great disease of our day is that people want to look good without being good”-Brennan Manning

  • People can lead ministries without becoming more like Jesus=SCARY

  • Self leadership= #1 job of a leader

  • “In the important things of life don't take short cuts.”-Mike Singletary

  • “Leaders who finish understand they have a unique vulnerability to temptation and they do the necessary work to protect themselves.”-webster

  • “Lord, we don't ever want it to become old when we say 'I love you”-Webster

Also tonight the service was awesome...putting all the music aside (which was amazing) Rev. Ray Marco brought the message tonight and it was GOOD. Here is just a piece of what he said...

"God told me...'I did not call you to promote Ray Marco. I did not call you to promote your church. I did not call you to promote the Advent Christian denomination. You are to make disciples. It's not about you it's about my kingdom."

Wow!!! Ray did a fantastic job of reminding us that it's not about us and what we want but about the doors that God opens and invites us to walk through. Great day overall!

No comments: