Wednesday, December 16, 2009

world of adventure

I love this picture!!!! Right now it is the background on my computer. Others have seen it and love it also. It's just a really cool picture. However, today I realized that there's more to it than that.

At 3 years old my daughter has a lifetime of adventure and opportunity ahead of her. She will test some waters.
There will be times when she will dive right in.
There will be moments when the waves will be over her head.
There will be beauty.
There will be noise.
There will be places to go.

Through it all she will have a daddy that is right behind her.
Encouraging her.
Supporting her.
Loving her.
Watching her.
Enjoying the moments.
Guarding her.
Laughing with her.

I love being a dad. It seems like when I start having those overwhelming paternal feelings God taps me on the shoulder and says, "You're my child too."

Wow! Thank you God for always loving,
always encouraging,
always guarding,
always supporting,
always watching,
always being God.

No comments: