Friday, December 04, 2009

Is Zechariah 4:6 really true?

I like to think of myself as a fairly competent person. If a problem arises I can think through it and come up with a course of action to solve it. I love information and learning new things. If there is something I don't know I can usually find someone who does so they can educate me in the matter.

I have put together enough furniture in our house to have a sense of accomplishment in that area. I am also certain this Christmas will provide several opportunities to install batteries, open difficult toy packaging, and simply "make it work Daddy".

In thinking through all of the above the word "I" keeps jumping out at me...reminding me of Zechariah 4:6...

Zechariah 4:6 (English Standard Version)
6"Then he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the LORD of hosts."

Some times I realize that I have WAY too much confidence in myself and pay WAY too little attention to the real power of the universe...GOD's SPIRIT!!!!

What are you trying to accomplish today? What are you surrendering to the Holy Spirit today?
Notice a difference?

No comments: