Friday, November 20, 2009

best of all

This Sunday I am preaching on our identity in Christ. I'm kick starting the message by reading Max Lucado's children's book titled "Best of All". As I was reading this book it struck me that there were two types of people in this world.

1-People who need to know who they are.
2-People who need to know who others are.

One of the best ways to enter the Thanksgiving/Advent season is to realize that the ground at the cross is level. What I mean is, we all have the same access to a holy, almighty God that was provided by our gracious, merciful, savior Jesus. So I have no reason to look down on anyone else because we are all walking through this life together and need each other to continually point to our never ending need for that Savior.

Let's enter this season with an attitude of celebration. Celebrating the fact that God can and does use any or all of us to bring glory to Himself. Now that's a reason to be thankful.

No comments: