Friday, August 14, 2009

Refreshing

This has been a week of ups and downs. I have been at the hospital for births and I've been at the hospital for people's cancer and other ailments. I've been on the phone and on the computer a lot this week trying to keep people in the church up to date on all that is happening. I really didn't realize how drained I was getting until I read these words from Isaiah this morning and the refreshing poured over me like cool waters. Even if this has been the best week ever for you read these words and let them just pour over you.

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
3For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
I give Egypt as your ransom,
Cush and Seba in exchange for you.
4Because you are precious in my eyes,
and honored, and I love you," (Isaiah 43:1b-4a)

No comments: