Monday, August 03, 2009

Monday morning reflections

  • Yesterday I had the opportunity to preach at New Life Community Church in the heart of Jacksonville. The folks there were very warm and welcoming. These were some of the MOST laid-back church people I've ever spent time with. It was fun.
  • Had the opportunity to go with Logan, Scott, and Joe and share communion with some of our shut-ins yesterday. Someone PLEASE ask Joe about his balloon. :-) Great afternoon.
  • Watched "Fireproof" again last night. This time it was with our Sunday School class. It was fun watching a movie with such a diverse group of people. Feel free to ask Laura how a mom should be treated...she'll be more than willing to tell you.:-)
  • Right now I am using a reading plan I found online to systematically read through the entire Bible. It is one of the best things I've ever done in my walk with Christ. If you have never done this or journaled or scheduled regular time to pray I highly recommend giving it a try. If you need help getting started with something or need some suggestions feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to help you out.
  • Micah is due three weeks from today!!!!!! The countdown continues.

No comments: