Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Only in the Bible

I was reading my Bible in bed the other night and I could not help but laugh...then I laughed again...then I was about to fall out of bed from the laughter. I was reading Genesis 28-31...a story I was familiar with but had not visited in a loooooong time. Here was Jacob who not only had two wives but his wives also gave him two maid servants for him to sleep with. Then when he got the maids pregnant the wives praised God for it. Then Rachel wants mandrakes from Leah's son and so offers Jacob as the price for the mandrakes. Now I'm not sure if that's a testimony to how good mandrakes are or not but this whole thing just made me laugh out loud. The Bible is just funny sometimes.

1 comment:

Heather said...

This reminds me of your brilliant lesson of "Fat people have the best hiding places" referencing Ehud in Judges. The Bible is nothing if not kooky:).