Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Starbucks Jesus


Do you believe in him? Do you put your life behind your belief? Those are the two questions going through my mind lately. If I say I truly believe in Jesus do my choices reflect that belief? Am I satisfied with simply believing in comfort or am I comfortably uncomfortable following Jesus whereever He is going? Afterall, Jesus is limitless in His creativity. Just when we think He can't surprise us anymore He does. So what does that look like in every day life? I believe it begins with a willingness to ask "what if" type questions. (check out Allison's "what if " entry)http://www.sidestreet-allison.blogspot.com/

As we ask what if questions we begin to see the places where the only thing we have to hold on to is Jesus Himself and we really the discover the work that He is doing in, around, and through you. The work that is performed to impact others.

This Sunday we will explore this a little further in the sermon "Starbucks Jesus".



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris, cool blog! I hope all is well for you and your family. We are doing well, still loving Tempe :) --Chad Irving

theodude said...

Hey Chad, thanks for the comment. We are praying for your church in AZ. Feel free to comment anytime. You need to have a blog by the way...just a thought. :-)

Anonymous said...

Chall:

I'm happy to help-here's the URL for Chad's blog:

www.chadzilla24.blogspot.com

I tried my hand at blogging but didn't get too far beyond setting up an account.

Hope that helps!