Tuesday, October 02, 2007

C3


Yesterday I had the chance to attend the Creative Church Conference led by Ed Young Jr. here in Jacksonville. It was AWESOME! Ed is a great communicator and has really inspired me over the past several years to think more creatively about church, preaching, and ministry as a whole. Here are a few bullet points I took from the day.


  • God is all about creativity-He is the Creator.

  • Church should be comfortably uncomfortable.

  • Leaders take people where they need to be not always where they want to be.

  • Don't be afraid to ask hard questions and be ready to listen, listen, listen.

  • Surround yourself with the right "T.H.E.Y"-Tough, Honest, Encouraging, Yielded to God.

  • My favorite line was....be consistently inconsistent. (As far as methodology...in other words don't be predictable...the gospel never changes)

It was a great experience and I highly recommend the C3 conference for anyone who is considering it.


No comments: