Thursday, October 15, 2009

seriously??????

So I've been on vacation this week and we have had a great time seeing family and friends. We even had the chance to see some of the fall leaves throughout the mountains. I have actually worn long sleeves all week. The temperature dipped down to the 50's the other day and Natalie was convinced it was about to snow. Ahhh my poor little Florida child.

In any case I was having a great week relaxing when I came across this news story. My first reaction was "SERIOUSLY???". Then I couldn't help but just shake my head and be reminded of other well meaning people who are sooooo guilty of taking things out of context. Whatever your reaction is to this story please pray for these folks because I'm sure there is something more productive they could be doing to build God's kingdom.

Here it is...

4 comments:

Emily Peacock said...

I love that the Pastor dressed up for the news crew...denim overalls - NICE! I bet the BBQ chicken will be delish! That's the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a long time!

Emily Peacock said...

I'll have a thigh...well done - roasted over the new Rick Warren book & a leg smoked over The Message Remix, please. Mild BBQ sauce on the side. Thankest thou. LOL! I am rolling on the floor!

ScottD said...

Did you note that the name of the church is "Amazing Grace"? I don't see much grace but this is amazing. I'm with them though, if the King James was good enough for Paul its good enough for me!

Anonymous said...

Living under the law is so binding. People like this do not realize they are shoving the gift of the blood right in His face. I pray God will some how get the glory out of people talking about this. I hope you had an amazing trip!
Mindy