Thursday, May 28, 2009

What do I owe?

"Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor." Romans 13:7

Everytime I think of owing something my first thought is money. I owe, I owe, so off to work I go...

But this verse grabbed me this morning. To whom do I owe respect or honor or something else not mentioned here? Is it veterans or current military personnel? Is it those older than myself? Is it those with more experience?

To each of us we may owe honor and respect to someone different. I know I owe honor and respect to my wife and family. Someone else may owe to a good friend or a boss or a classmate.

Never the less we all are called to love.
Romans 13:8-10 clearly tells us that to love our neighbor fulfills the law and does our neighbor no harm. Therefore, if we make it a point to love then debts of honor and respect should be paid by the very love that is shown.

Wow my head is starting to hurt a little...must go pray now.

No comments: