Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Duffy Robbins

Last week Logan, Randy, and I had the opportunity to sit in on an all day workshop led by Duffy Robbins. The whole idea of our time together was to answer the question..."How do we more effectively communicate the gospel?" While Duffy was specifically referring to speaker with youth, much of what he said pertained to adults as well. Here are some bullet points I took from the conference.
  • who you are is more important than what you say
  • profanity tends to shut people down
  • "My heart was filled with love, my eyes with tears, my mouth with arguments"-John Wesley
  • It's not what we say but what they hear.
  • The more concrete the illustration the more weight it carries.
  • Repetition can be a good thing.
  • The average American watches 21.8 seconds of a 30 second ad online.

No comments: