Friday, November 17, 2006

pastor's life

So the past week and a half has included the following:

3 major surgeries (one of which was an hour and a half away)
2 funerals (one of which was 6 hours away)
1 trip to New England to speak to 70 teenagers for the weekend
1 trip to Katherine Hepburn's grave (pretty and simple)

There has been more but my mind is blank at the moment.

Now it is 8:30 on Friday evening and I'm really not sure what all I'm going to preach on Sunday. I should probably figure it out since I will have to preach it at the Nursing Home on Sunday afternoon also. Of course then there is the community Thanksgiving service Sunday evening also. Must figure out what I'm supposed to do there. mmmmm maybe I'll do something about being thankful...that seems to go over well this time of year. Even people who are not thankful for anything will still say "good sermon pastor" at the end of the service. Kind of funny actually. People say things so often without thinking. I know I'm one of them but at least I try sometimes. There are some who I think they complain and say mindless things because it gives them some wierd sense of validity for their existance...like if they don't cause me stress then their lives have no meaning at all.

Well I should actually work on Sunday now...we'll see what I can stir up this week.

No comments: