Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Letter to a reckless suv driver

Dear Morning Traffic SUV driver,

Thank you for swiftly and skillfully cutting me off this morning. If not for you I may have done something silly like enter the turn lane at the proper point and assumed that my two children in the car, the vehicle I was driving, and myself were all safe. I don't remember praying for patience but I obviously did since God put you in my path this morning to give the opportunity to not only increase my level of patience but my prayer life as well.

I noticed your bumper sticker which read, "Too poor to vote Republican". I did find this rather amusing since Republicans may or may not have caused you to be "poor" but I am confident the Democrats will do what they can to keep you that way. I do not speak as a Republican myself. I am actually just as fed up with both parties as I am with crazy early morning drivers who do not take into consideration the other vehicles around them.

I also found it rather amusing that your bumper sticker defined you as poor and yet you drove your gas guzzling vehicle very fast and very carelessly. Not at all a manner in which someone would be trying to conserve the precious and pricey gas we use to fill our vehicles.

In any case I wish you safe journeys and I pray that other drivers on the road are looking out for you as you seem to be clueless as to anyone else around. Good day and God's speed.

1 comment:

Barb said...

You remain one of the funniest men I know! I hope you are all safe and well and that no one was hurt by crAzy SUV-driving commuters.
Love to all,