Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fireproof


I hate reading a book just because it's the "popular Christian book". I avoid wearing the "popular Christian clothes/bracelets/etc. I do not go out of my way to watch "Christian" movies. So I did not jump right away at the chance to see the movie "Fireproof". I had nothing against the movie or the people that made it. It just didn't grab me as a "must see" movie. Through a series of events and conversations Allison and I decided to break down and go see it last night. I was pleasantly surprised. I walked away from it NOT feeling like I had wasted my time (as I often do with so many cheesy "Christian" movies). Kirk Cameron did a great job in his role as a firefighter and husband who is trying to figure out how to save his troubled marriage. There were some very intense scenes, some funny moments, and some scenes that made you reflect on your own relationships. I'm not trying to make this movie sound like the best in the world but it was definitely not the worst. I do recommend it. Your marriage does not have to be rocky for you to get something out of this movie. Go see it and if nothing else it will encourage you to pray for your spouse and other marriages even more.


1 comment:

Sunshinejr said...

Chris and I went to see FireProof as well. We got alot out of and trying to put our relationship in God hands, and trust in him