Thursday, January 03, 2008

Holidays and 2008

In the past 2 weeks we have celebrated Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We've had Christmas parties. We've opened gifts. We flew to Iowa. We participated in the wedding of two friends. We worshiped Sunday morning with friends we haven't seen for a while. We had two baby dedications. One of the babies stuck his pacifier in my mouth as I was praying. We celebrated New Year's. Bemoaned the fact that West Virginia is not in the championship game. We flew back to Florida...celebrating the warmth the closer we got. Finally we are home and I am back in the office.

Here are some of my goals for 2008...
  1. Continuing to improve as a blogger. This is still all fairly new to me but I'm excited to think of the possibilities here.
  2. Study more of the Holy Spirit. It dawned on me recently how little we talk about the Holy Spirit despite the fact that the HS is a powerful force that will not be stopped.
  3. Read at least one book in each of the following areas. Marriage/relationships. Parenting. Leadership. Discipleship. Evangelism. Church health/growth. Personal growth. Business. Preaching.
  4. Lose the weight I promised my wife I would lose if we moved to Florida.
  5. Work on my relationship with Allison.
  6. Work on my relationship with Natalie.
  7. Write more letters.

I know a lot of people make resolutions this time each year but these are some personal goals that I have set for myself. After all, without goals then what am I reaching for?

I pray that above all else we will see God a little more clearly in 2008!

No comments: